VMware is also compatible with almost every guest operating system including: Windows 7, Vista, XP, 200 NT, Me, 98, 95, MS-DOS 6.22 or better, IBM OS/2 Warp, Mac OSX Server, Linux, Sun Java Desktop, SCO OpenServer, SCO UNIXWARE, Free BSD, Netware Server, Solaris 10 x86. That pretty much covers every OS out there.
VMware also comes with a great number of features inluding:
- Virtual State Capture: Capture the state of your virtual machine so if a problem arises you can roll back to a previous state
- Large guest operating system support: Nearly all versions of windows and linux are supported
- Simple Installation: VMware installs like a standard application so no hassle
- Web management interface: You can manage your VMware installation via web browser
- Supports two-processor SMP: Allows your virtual machine to take advantage of multi-processing.
- Easy migration path to other VMware products: All VMware products are made so that upgrading is hassle free.
The biggest downside of VMware is that there are other solutions out their such as VirtualBox, KVM and Xen that are free. The benefits of VMware though are much greater than from these other free solutions. VMware is much easier to use and comes with so many advanced features that spending the extra bucks on VMware is completely worth it.
Looking for for a service provider to help with your next convention or trade show? Then visit Convention Vendor and find your next favorite IT service company.